Now that the weather is cooling down, your car care routine will need to be altered. October is fall car care month, so we’re providing you with a variety of basic car maintenance tips to keep your vehicle running smoothly as the weather transitions to cooler temperatures.
- Check all of the fluids in your vehicle. This includes engine oil, power steering, brake, transmission, antifreeze, coolant, and windshield washer fluids.
- Make sure all hoses and belts are in place and damage free. If they are cracked, frayed, or visibly worn down you should consider replacing them before winter weather causes them to be even more brittle.
- Replace your battery, if necessary. It’s always important to check your battery every now and then, but especially so in the winter. The last thing you want is your battery dying or failing on your way home in the middle of a blizzard.
- Make sure your brakes work as they should. Brakes are especially important in the winter, so you want to make sure the linings, rotors, and drums are inspected. It is recommended that this is done at every oil change.
- Check your exhaust system for leaks or damage. A leak in your exhaust can be extremely dangerous, no matter what season. If you’re noticing any abnormal sounds or smells, be sure to get your exhaust inspected as soon as possible.
It’s important to make sure your car is in top shape regardless of what season we’re transitioning into and a well-tuned car makes a clear-minded driver. At Meineke, we strive to provide the absolute best car care services. If you’re interested in our auto repair franchise opportunities, contact MeinekeFranchise.com today at 888-918-4522.